Create a blog on Yoors. For some members it's “peanuts “, for others a “thingy. “ I like to make things easy for people. Therefor this manual, how to create a blog.
How to create your blog step by step:
1. This is how you start
On the left side of the screen is the logo of Yoors, with five buttons below. The plus sign serves to create a post.
Or, if that menu is expanded, click “+ CREATE POST”:
3. Hashtag (s)
Use at least one hashtag in the blog article.
Please note that the first hashtag in a post, which is first saved (as a draft or as a publication), will appear in the URL of that post.
Think of it to be catch. So a title you would click on as a reader. One that you hope to reach your target audience with.
The first title that is saved will appear (just like the first saved hashtag, as mentioned in step 3) in the url.
That could be useful.
An example. You save the blog as a concept, for the first time, with the title: “Easter Main course” and then you adjust the title: “With this recipe for Easter, your guests will be served a delicious main course.”
There are several building blocks for this, in the “General” section of the editor.
- Do not write the text in a row, divide it into paragraphs. That reads nicer.
Use Header tags if necessary. What that are described inthis article(outside Yoors).The headings in the text blocks of the hip editor of Yoors, are already provided with these tags;
To be properly picked up by Google use at least 300 characters;
- Also mention the subject a few times. Also like Google;
- Alternate text with own or royalty free image(s);
- No duplicate or copied content.
This video (dutch) shows how to add text to a blog article:
Place photos and/or other images in your blog. Multiple building blocks are available in the editor.
See this video (dutch):
YouTube videos can be played in your blog. You can add this as follows up.
This video (dutch) shows how:
Bring color to your blog. I already mentioned it at 5. Text can be given a color. A building block, too.
How to apply color you can see in this video (dutch):
9. Clickable links
Calling the left is one thing. They make clickable the second.
Tip: Consider whether you want the link to open in a new window when clicked on or not
Read more about links in your post here.
And watch this video (dutch):
10. HashtagA hashtag, or a gate for the main subject of the post.
You must have a hashtag in the text of your post at least once. Otherwise, you will not be able to save the mail.
What else could you add:
- A quote (from your blog text for example) or quote, via the quote function of the blog editor. Click behind “General” and choose “Quotes” to choose a building block for that;
- Walk through the possibilities in the blogeditor after if you could add more building blocks;
- Add a post from yourself or others. With the building block” Read more “you can only add your own (recent) posts. With the” Post in Post “building block both your own and those of others.
For example, if it concerns a story in parts, you could add the previous and/or next part.
Or if you participated in some challenge , then link to it;
- For the lovers (mind you, not everyone is charmed by that): add a poison bar increase;
- Here and there a dividing line. At the top of the editor after “General” click on the arrow, choose “Separation” and choose one;
- Source acknowledgement. That is very first name if the text is not (entirely) your own. But... not always enough for the original maker. The best way is to ask permission!
WATCH OUT! Make a copy of the content in your post , before you save it. Keep that outside of Yoors, for example in a Word file.By the way, this is always wise (you never know if the Internet connection is disconnected, power goes out, or something like that).
At the bottom click “Next” and follow the steps that are displayed.
Then go through the following steps:
- After “Next” you can choose whether or not you want to show header photo and/or title. Click “Next” again
- Do you see a white screen? Don't panic. Click in the white area and you will have a visual again (so you can continue)
- In this step you can indicate (if and if so) in which language (s) the post should be translated. When you edit a post, Dutch is automatically ticked. If you don't want that, uncheck it. Again, click on “Next”
- Indicate whether you want to use Smart social. Click “Next” again
In the last step you can save. Either as a draft or publish. Both can only be done if there is at least one hashtag in the post.
Note: One or more steps back can be done by clicking “Previous”.
It is also possible to leave out a part of the steps above.
While creating or editing a blog article, there is a bar at the top. On the far right is “Save”: