The world was caught by surprise by the modern pandemic Covid-19 virus starting January 2020. One by one, countries affected begun to mandate its people to stay at home to "flatten the curve". The way people lived changed suddenly, how business operates, the world slows down, and we have no choice but to stay home to do our part to save lives and survive.
Staying at home does not mean we will get bored and just wait for things back to normal. I cannot understand some people complaining about being bored while frontliners are sacrificing their lives to fight against the pandemic and those victims suffering from the agony of isolation and fear. As we stay home, we can take our part in taking advantage of the time we have right now. Here are some random things we can do at home:
1. HELP IF YOU HAVE THE MEANS IN CASH OR IN KIND . Helping one another is one of the positive thing that happens these days amidst the crisis. If you have the opportunity to help, whether donating in cash, prepare food, creating DIY protective gears like face shield, and other ways you can do to help.
2. SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH FAMILY. This is a great opportunity to be with the family, create activities for the children, share stories, watch movies together and more. Children will remember these times as one of the best because of the time spent together as a family.
3. TOSS AND CLEAN THE HOUSE. - This is the time to clean up and look into every areas of your home like attic, garage, and other areas that you failed to do during ordinary days. 4. TURN "TRASH INTO CASH" OR DONATE While cleaning the house, check items that you can donate or sell for additional income.3. TOSS AND CLEAN THE HOUSE - This is the time to clean up and look into every areas of your home like attic, garage, and other areas that you failed to do during ordinary days.
4. TURN "TRASH INTO CASH" OR DONATE. While cleaning the house, check items that you can donate or sell for additional income.
5. LEVEL UP YOUR BUSINESS. Be dynamic and level up your business into the next level. Evaluate the overall impact of this crisis and create possible solutions to follow what is called the "new normal. As the business slows down, set up other marketing strategies to boost business.
6. HONE YOUR SKILLS. - Whether it is a hobby or career related skills, you can be productive in so many ways. If you are employed, this is the time to take advantage of free online courses being offered nowadays to make you more marketable.
7. CONNECT WITH RELATIVES AND FRIENDS. Chat with relatives and friends that you rarely communicate. Say hello and rekindle old friendships.
8. HEALTH IS WEALTH AND SELF DISCOVERY. Pay attention to your body, eat affordable healthy foods, and get the right amount of exercise. Spiritual activities to nourish the soul is equally important.
9. EXPERIENCE THE SIMPLE JOYS IN LIFE. Unable to travel? Now is the time to look at the simple things in life. Travel to the corners of your garden, appreciate the flowers blooming, charming pets running around, every morning is a blessing with the sun at the background.
10. BE ACTIVE IN YOO.RS . Read, post, and connect with authors to gain friends and get to know what is happening in other parts of the world.
Feel free to share your thoughts and add more to the list.
© Cee Seekers 2020 Washable Facemask Image designed by the author available at her online shop