Make them in all shapes and sizes and decorate with chocolate or happy mini-Smarties.
Portions 50 pieces, Preparation time: 60-90 minutes
150 gram butter
15 grams of gingerbread spices
125 gram caster sugar
40 ml milk
250 gram flour
15 gram baking powder
One teaspoon of salt
1 chocolate bar (taste of your choice)
1. Let the butter reach room temperature. Meanwhile, sift the flour with the baking powder and put it in a bowl with the salt, caster sugar, gingerbread spices, milk and butter. Knead it into a nice dough and make a square slice.
2. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour. Then take the dough out of the fridge. Always peel off some of the dough from the big slice and make balls out of it.
3. Flatten these balls and place them on your grill pan. Put it in your Airfryer. Bake the flat slices for 10 minutes at 200 degrees until they are peppernuts.
4. Pay attention when you take out the peppernuts: they are still slightly soft. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and put it in a small cornet (pastry bag).
5. Spray the peppernuts with chocolate and garnish colorfully with the Mini smarties. Super fun to make with the kids!