Dual Sauce Lasagna
We all already know how crazy I'm about pasta, to the point of making it almost every time from scratch.
This time I'm going to introduce you to my most indulgent recipe yet, this recipe has two sauces, 2 kinds of cheese several vegetables and one scrumptious taste... For this recipe, you will need to do the lasagna sheet from scratch or pre-cooked the sheets. For pasta recipe from scratch check out my previous post.
This recipe makes 4 big portions.
6 sheets of pasta (10cm x 10cm squares)
250 gr. of minced beef
1 onion (chopped)
2 celery sticks (chopped)
1 carrot (shredded)
4 tomatoes (peeled, seeded and chopped)
1 tablespoon of sweet Spanish paprika (powdered)
1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
300 gr. of spinach (chopped)
150 gr. of green bell pepper (chopped)
150 gr. of mushrooms (chopped)
1 1/2 stick of butter (melted)
3 tablespoons of regular AP flour
3 cups of whole milk
1 teaspoon of nutmeg (freshly graded)
Olive oil to sauté
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a sauce pan: cook in a bit of olive oil the beef, onion, celery, carrots, tomatoes. Condiment with paprika, sugar and soy sauce, add salt and pepper to taste and let it simmer on low heat for 1 hour. This will be our bolognese sauce.
2. In a frying pan, add a bit of olive oil and sauté the spinach, the green pepper and the mushrooms, keep a side.
3. In a sauce pan: heat up the butter, add the flour and let it cook throughly then add the milk and whisk constantly. Condiment with salt and nutmeg. This is our roux.
4. Assemble one pasta sheet, ladle the bolognese sauce, the vegetables and a ladle of roux, spread around pieces of the fresh mozzarella. Repeat this process until your las sheet of pasta and then you need to ladle the roux and the cheeses.
5. Bake for 45 minutes at 300 degrees or until the top is golden brown.
1. For an extra indulgence flavour, cream cheese can be added to the roux.
2. I love colourful food, so I few other coloured bell pepper is not a bad choice.
Enjoy!- Let me know what you think below!