How to write research paper?
Research is the student’s independent work experience. This problem is relevant for high school students. Studying the writing algorithm of the work is not only an interesting and informative process, but also work that allows you to determine the possibility of creativity in writing and design. In the course of studying this issue, it will become clear that the design of the research paper help cannot be deviated from generally accepted rules, and the creative approach is welcomed within reasonable limits, in the case of the first writing experience. Also, work on this topic allows you to learn how to use additional literature and systematize your material.
The choice of the research topic is determined by the subject of the courses studied, the student’s research interests, his proposed future specialization. The topic can be subsequently expanded before the project.
Research work should demonstrate:
• a sufficient amount of theoretical knowledge on a specific topic;
• ability to work with scientific, educational and reference literature;
• student's research skills;
• ability to summarize and systematize material on a chosen topic;
• ability to formulate the scientific apparatus of work;
• ability to present material logically and competently.
The research work is evaluated according to a 4-point system: “excellent”, “good”, “satisfactory”, “unsatisfactory”.
Stages of preparing and writing work
1. Preparation for work includes:
o Select a topic.
o Definition of the subject and the object of study (which is better to do with the head of work).
o Definition of goals and objectives of the work.
o Formulation of a hypothesis.
o Preparation of an indicative work plan.
At this stage, consultations with the research leader are necessary in order to clarify the direction of work.
2. Work with literature is:
o The study of sources, research, publications on the topic.
o An abstract of the studied literature.
o Analysis and systematization of materials.
o The selection of arguments, citations from the literature that will be given in the course work.
3. The design of the work concept is:
o The wording of the main points.
o Thinking over the logic of presentation of their position.
o Editing a plan.
o Distribution of material in parts of the plan.
4. Registration of work should be carried out in accordance with the requirements for such work. It is important to pay attention to the lexical processing of the text and presentation style.
Preparation should begin in advance, distributing the stages by day, that is, systematizing the approach. This will allow you to achieve the best results, leave time for editing and correcting errors made during the study. With this approach, it becomes possible to find more literature on the topic and its most detailed study.
1. The chosen topic should be problematic (have ambiguous interpretations in the literature, insufficiently developed in practice, cause certain difficulties in practical management, etc.).
2. The material should be selected in accordance with the topic.
3. The available points of view on this problem are indicated and briefly analyzed.
4. The student must reasonably support any point of view, or present his position on the basis of the analysis of existing points of view.
5. The work should have logic in the presentation of the material, interview a scientific style.