Fairshare has been released today! Now, what is it? That is the most asked question ofcourse! Well, Fairshare was designed basically because you guys asked for it! And ofcourse we've added our own creativity into this game. In our previous releases, you could only add your own posts to your personal profile page, but plenty of people have asked us for a way to share each other's posts too! For months we were brainstorming and working on a fun way for users to share posts others made, while still keeping it fun for the owner also. Earning YP is a big deal, therefore it should not occur unfairly. The author earns with their post, by putting their time, love and effort into creating it, while the sharer earns by contributing to the author's reach and audience.
We decided that it is only Fair, if both the owner and the sharer both can profit out of this share.
How do I share someone else's post to my profile page?
By clicking on the Fairshare button, you basically buy a pass from the owner to share the post on your profile page. This only costs you 10 YP. The post will be shared to your profile and to the feed of all your followers. Your followers can then proceed to read this post through your share!
- Your followers will now get notified of posts you share through the side-menu (with the blue circle)
- The post will be visible in the feed of all your followers
- The post will be visible on your profile through all your other posts
- You will earn 50% of all votes and payments from users who have clicked on your shared post through your profile or through a link you shared.
Can I remove this post from my profile?
A lot of people have been asking if there's a way to filter out the posts you shared on your profile. This will be possible in the future through a filter function/tabs, but that still means it will be visible on your profile initially. Please keep in mind that the condition for earning 50% means that you are willing to show the post to all your followers and also display it on your profile page. This will give the maker exposure and give him a broader audience.
So share smart and don't overshare things you don't find valuable for your own profile page.
How can I earn YP with my Fairshare?
Basically any way that someone can spend YP on a post, is a way for you to claim your 50%. I will list all the possible ways currently for you below. In the future there will be more ways ofcourse:
- A user votes on the post through your shared post with 15 YP. 7 YP will be sent to the sharer, 8 YP will be sent to the author. (The author receives the bigger half).
- A user pays for a post you shared, since it's a Pay per Post. The post costs 100 YP. 50 YP is sent to the sharer, 50 YP is sent to the maker.
- A user activates Fairshare on your post. A Fairshare costs 10 YP. 5 YP is sent to the sharer and 5 YP to the maker
But how do you track the YP that should go to my account?
Adding your own Fairshare rewards to boost the reach of your post is a good idea. This way you will reach way more users who are willing to share your posts. This is possible in both quick-post and blog-editors under Fairshare rewards.
Set the maximum budget that you are willing to spend on the Fairshare rewards. We will not subtract any more than this. We only subtract the amount at the moment of Fairshare activation through another user, and not immediately.
The amount of YP that you want to give to each user. As I said this post has an RPF of 25 YP per user.