With colored tights and some wire, you can make cute flowers. It's an old technique that our grandmothers used to do, you can make beautiful floral arrangements with it. Or you make butterflies with it. It's a lot of fun to do.! Not only for adults, but also for children, who are old enough to work with a clip pliers and have the ability to tie a thread. Actually, the base is very simple.
- Colored tights
- Iron Wire Thickness 0.6
- Cutting pliers
- Stamen and some nice beads
- Plain sewing thread or nylon thread
- Scissors to cut tights and thread
- Bend a loop in the form of an iron wire leaf, cut the wire and tighten the ends together. This is your first petal.
- For example, make 5 sheets of iron wire.
- Pull a colored piece of tights over each wire sheet and tie it at the bottom with sewing thread. (The video shows how that can be knotted conveniently). Cut off the remnants of pantyhose.
- Take a piece or 6 stamens, tie them in the middle with yarn, fold in half and then tie iron wire around it. Do not cut, as this will also be the stem of the flower.
- Wrap green florist tape around the trunk (from the stamens) and wrap it further down around the iron wire
- Fold the petals to the stone bush. Do that per sheet and with plain nylon thread.
- Wrap the whole of the flower from below with green florist tape so you won't see any more wire.
- Your flower is ready!
The pictures above were submitted by Ellen Verachtert from Belgium. She saw the idea on YouTube and went on her own.!
- You can still decorate the petals with pearl dots. (Pearl Dot Pen by Viva Decor, available at Trixx Creative)
- Use glitter glue for edges or to put on beads/stamens.
- If you want bigger flowers, thicker iron wire can also be used. As long as it bends easily!
- For firmer stems, you could use iron wire stems that don't bend fast.
- Green leaves can also be made of iron wire and wrap it with green (matte) tape.
12 packs of stamens to make your own flowers - more info
5x 27m Floral Tape - Green - 12mm Wide - more info
Nylon hobby wire white 0.15mm x 50 meters - Nylon thread more info
Floral wire, thickness 0.5 mm, black, 50m - more info
Floral wire, thickness 0.6 mm, 100 gr, silver, 50m - more info
Thick hobby aluminum wire silver 1 mm x 400 cm - more info
- De Knutselteacher Ede has been working with Mirelle van Crea with Kids for years.! All De Knutseljuf Ede's craft tips can be found on the website www.creametkids.nl
- The Craft Teacher also comes to your home at your (kids) party crafting! Would you like to make pantyflowers or do another creative workshop at home?? Look up. www.deknutseljuf.nl or mail!
- Follow De Knutselteacher Ede Facebook , Instagram and Pinterest
- Mail: email@example.com