You have probably heard popular nutritionists comment that breakfast is an important meal. Why? It sets the mood for the day. And what better way to start your day than having a plate of healthy pancakes. The thought of those delicious healthy pancakes itself is fulfilling. So, how do you make them? Many people believe that cooking isn’t for everyone. In fact, this notion is true since not everyone can make good food. However, this article is here to the rescue. It will explain simple healthy pancake recipes that will leave you well equipped to make yourself a healthy pancake. Ensure you read on!
How healthy are pancakes?
The first question we probably need to tackle is, what do nutritionists mean by a healthy pancake? Generally, any healthy meal means that it promotes good mental and physical condition. In other words, the meal is all right for the body and only impacts it positively. In our case, when we talk of healthy pancakes, it means that all the ingredients impact your body positively and have no side effects. There are different types of healthy pancakes you can take, depending on your taste and preference. For instance, vegans can choose to eat a banana pancake. As long as the ingredients promote good health, it is okay to consider those pancakes healthy.
Best Healthy pancake recipe
A healthy and delicious breakfast naturally improves your day. It keeps your energy levels high and prepares you well to handle all the issues you may face. Healthy pancakes from whole wheat flour are the best. Why? They have high fiber content that keeps you full and strong. Also, they keep your blood sugar levels okay. The following is a simple healthy pancake recipe for making delicious pancakes.
What ingredients do you require?
- Two cups of white whole wheat flour
- Two teaspoons of baking powder
- Two tablespoons of unsalted butter
- A half teaspoon of baking soda
- A half teaspoon of salt
- Two eggs
- A half-cup of unsweetened applesauce
- A cup of whole milk
- A teaspoon of vanilla
Here are simple steps to follow when making these healthy pancakes
- Prepare all the utensils and ingredients you may need. It is a basic cooking requirement that makes the process more organized and accurate
- Put all the dry ingredients like white whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and whisk them
- Add the eggs, milk, honey, applesauce, and vanilla to another bowl and whisk them until they form a thick paste
- Melt your butter and leave it to cool
- Pour the wet paste into the dry mix and blend them until you form a thick paste. Ensure that the mixture is alright. You can leave out a few lumps to avoid over-mixing the paste. Don’t add more milk to avoid turning the pancakes flat
- Heat the grill under medium heating. Add some batter and cook one side until you see bubbles. Flip your pancake and wait until it turns golden brown.
- Serve them when hot or warm
The healthy pancakes recipe is quite simple. As a result, you can easily prepare to make these pancakes for at most ten minutes and cook them for five minutes. Under an average of fifteen minutes, you can have at least ten healthy pancakes. In this case, some people may find it hard to eat all the pancakes they make. Hence we recommend the freeze and reheat option.
Choosing the healthy pancakes freeze and reheat option is alright. Not to mention, the process is quite easy and fast. How do you go about this process? For the freezing process, you need to cool the pancakes using a wire rack completely. Later, wrap them up in an airtight container. You can freeze them for at most three months. The reheating process is also simple since it only requires you to place the frozen pancakes on the microwave under low heating. Reheat them until they are warm and ready to eat.
Note that frozen and later reheated healthy pancakes are safe to eat for all.
Simple healthy pancake recipe
There are many types of healthy pancakes you can make using various ingredients. Some of these healthy pancakes have challenging recipes, while others are quite simple. This section covers one of the simplest healthy pancake recipes you can consider following. It is the oatmeal healthy pancake recipe. The healthy pancake recipe is easy, and you can use it as a guideline to make other types of healthy pancakes.
Oatmeal healthy pancakes recipe
Oatmeal is among the healthiest ingredients available, probably why we have chosen healthy oatmeal pancakes. The key ingredients for making the pancakes include quick-cooking oats, self-rising flour, salt, brown sugar, and vegetable oil. Note that all the ingredients are readily available for all at an affordable price. The steps below cover a simple healthy pancake recipe for all
- Prepare all the utensils you will need. In this case, you require a few bowls and a grill.
- In a small bowl, beat your egg, buttermilk, and oil
- Blend in a half cup of quick-cooking oats, a cup of self-rising flour, a third cup of packed sugar, and a half teaspoon of salt
- Blend in the two mixes until you create a good paste
- Light up your cooker and maintain medium heal and place your skillet. After preheating the pan, add the batter.
- After placing the batter on the hot skillet and turn after it becomes golden brown
- The healthy pancake is ready to serve
Since the recipe is quite easy, you can make at least ten pancakes in fifteen minutes. Hence, it is an excellent choice for individuals with busy mornings, and they have to get to work on time.
Healthy pancakes are among the top meals you can have for breakfast or any other meal. However, the biggest question often occurs on what and how to prepare it. Fortunately, this article offers you details about healthy pancakes. It summarizes facts about pancakes and the best healthy pancakes recipe to follow. There is a simple healthy pancake recipe for all for individuals with busy mornings or when you need to make a simple healthy snack in a short period. Read through the content above for a better understanding of the healthy pancakes recipe.