We are a pizza-loving family. If you are searching for the perfect recipe for pizza dough, it ends right here. In this article, you will get the best and easiest recipe of all time. It is going to be quite delicious, others couldn't stop trying more and more. This is one of the most popular pizza dough recipes. Millions of people have tried this recipe and loved it. This article will also show you how to conquer your fear and anxiety about yeast. This is your guide. Keep it handy!
You can make your pizza dough by following these simple steps: The foundation of pizza is its crust. If you are a pizza lover , you would know that a great pizza starts with a great crust. Some prefer a thin, crisp crust while others prefer a thicker, more delicate pizza crust. This homemade pizza crust is soft and chewy, with a wonderful crisp flavor.
Ingredients for Homemade Pizza Dough
All pizza dough begins with the same ingredients: flour and yeast; water; salt and olive oil. Here is a breakdown of the ingredients that you can use to make homemade pizza dough recipes.
- Use Red Star Platinum yeast. This amazing yeast gives me the best results. Platinum yeast is great because it has a precise formula that strengthens your dough. It also makes working with yeast easy. To get the job done, you only need one standard packet of yeast (2/4 teaspoons).
- Water: Try this recipe with different amounts of water as you prefer. The perfect amount is between 1 and 1/3 cups. Warm the water a little bit. This will reduce the rise time. It should be adjusted between 100 and 110 degrees F. Any temperature above 130oF will kill the yeast.
- Flour: This recipe needs whole white all-purpose flour. Bleaching flour will reduce the amount of protein in the flour, which can affect the flour's ability to absorb water. Bread flour can be substituted for all-purpose flour to make a more chewy pizza crust. However, you will need to add a few extra Tablespoons water because bread flour has more protein than all-purpose flour.
- Oil: Add a couple of Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to enhance the flavor of the dough. The crust will not taste soggy if you brush it with olive oil before you add the toppings.
- Salt: Salt gives you the necessary flavor.
- Sugar: 1 Tablespoon of sugar can increase the yeast activity. It will tenderize the dough when it gets mixed with the olive oil.
- Cornmeal: Cornmeal can be used to dust the pizza pan, but not in the dough. Cornmeal adds a bit of flavor to the pizza crust and makes it crisper. Cornmeal is a common ingredient in most delivery pizzas.
- You can mix the ingredients by hand, or you can use a stand or hand-held mixer. Follow the steps in the recipe.
- You can either knead the dough by hand or use a mixer to mix it. You will get better results in case you are making it for the first time.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl and cover it tightly. Let it rise for approximately 90 minutes or overnight in a refrigerator.
- To release air bubbles, punch down the risen dough. Divide in 2.
- Make a 12-inch circle from the dough. While you prepare the pizza toppings, cover and let rest.
- Add your favorite toppings to the pizza.
- For only 15 minutes, bake pizza at very high temperatures.
This recipe makes two 12-inch pizzas. Once the pizza dough has risen, you will need to divide it in half (step 5). You can then freeze one ball of dough for later use. You can freeze the dough in two separate balls. Lightly oil or spray the dough balls with olive oil. Seal the dough balls in individual zip-top bags and squeeze out any air. You can freeze the dough for about three months.