How to renew a US Passport

You must be a U.S. citizen by birth or naturalization, or a qualifying U.S. national, to obtain a passport.
If your passport is inactive or expired, you can renew it except in the following conditions:
•    It was given to you before you turned 16 years old.
•    Issued at least 15 years ago
•    Damaged, stolen, or lost
•    You don't have a legal document like a marriage licence to prove your legal name change because it was issued in your previous name.

If any of these statements are true, you will be unable to renew your passport. Instead, fill out form DS-11 to apply for a new passport in person. However, if these above-mentioned things are not applicable in your case and if you need a passport soon, you'll have to pay extra expenses to get your passport renewal expedited.

US passport renewal steps
Following are the steps to get your passport renewed (within Canada, people living outside the US need to get to their US embassy or consultant).
1.    Filling up the form: First of all, you need to download a passport renewable form from the U.S passport official site. If you have been issued a Social Security number, you must disclose it in accordance with 22 U.S.C. 2714a and 22 C.F.R. 51.60. (f). If you don't have a Social Security number, you'll need to sign and date the declaration statement, written on the form.
2.    Submit your most recent United States passport: You must submit your recent passport with your application for the passport renewal procedure. Your passport book and/or card from the United States must meet all of the requirements. Your old passport book and/or card will be mailed to you, although it will most likely arrive separately from your new passport.
3.    Documents relating to name changes should be included (if applicable): You must supply a certified copy of the legal name change document if the name you are presently using differs from the name on your most recent U.S. passport. You must show proof of your birth or maiden name if your Canadian divorce order does not stipulate a spouse's return to their maiden name (such as an original or certified copy of your birth certificate).
4.    Attach a photograph: One photograph should be attached to the application. Make sure your photo fits all of the photo requirements to minimize delays in processing.
5.    Fees payment: Once all the other requirements are met, you have to pay a stipulated amount as fee. You could choose to pay it as a personal cheque or money order. On the front of the cheque or money order, please print the applicant's entire name and date of birth. Cash should not be sent. Please visit Passport Fees for information on payment methods and a complete list of fees for ordinary and urgent passport issuance services.
6.    Send your completed application: Send your completed application to the US passport service team by mail. The location of your application is determined by where you live and how quickly you need your passport. They will mail your passport card to you via First Class Mail if you are renewing one. For passport card applications alone, they do not employ 1-2 day delivery services. If you need a passport immediately, you may be able to renew it in person at a passport agency or centre.
7.    Keep track of your application's progress: It may take up to two weeks from the time you apply for your application to be marked as "In Process." Your application is transported to a mail facility, your money is processed, and your application is scanned and forwarded to them during these two weeks. All the progress regarding your passport can be easily tracked online.

#uspassport #passportrenew #unitedstates #internationaltrips #applyingforpassport #uspassportguide #stepstoapplyforpassportrenewal #travellingUS #unitedstatestrip #USpassportservice
Share and get paid.