Repotting a cactus is not something you do quickly. Cacti and succulents need special treatment.
- Ordinary potting soil is not very ideal, you have to mix potting soil half a bit with sharp sand. (Sharp sand is actually just the same as river sand, but a bit coarser. Also crusher sand or masonry sand is suitable to mix with, as long as it makes the potting soil more airy).
- At the bottom of the pot you put a thick layer of potshrapnel
- With a thick glove you take cactus from the old pot, with the other hand you fill the earth.
- Plastic jars are best suited for cacti, but do not take them too small.
- After repotting, keep the cactus out of the sun for a few weeks, until it gets new carrots.
- Do not water the cactus too much, its roots can rot
- Repot your cactus once every 2 years, it is recommended to do this in April.
Photo: Milada Vigerova
We love cacti and succulents here, they actually need little care and they don't die soon.
Do you ever repot your cacti?