It is very possible to retrieve deleted text messages from an iPhone iCloud or iTunes backup. If you are regular on deleting text messages as a result of low storage capacity and free up storage space, there are times you might mistakenly delete some important text messages and might be in need of them. In such cases, you can retrieve deleted text messages by restoring it from a recent backup version from your computer through iTunes or from iCloud.
There are other methods by using a third party application but in this article, I'll be teaching you how to retrieve deleted text messages through iCloud and iTunes
How to retrieve deleted text messages from iphone using an iCloud backup
In this method, note that iCloud backup will revert your iPhone back to a point when you still had the deleted text messages, so you may lose some saved data or have to sign back into certain apps.
- Go to phone settings on your iPhone and open it
- Select iCloud > iCloud Backup and check that your iPhone has been backed up recently.
- Go back to the main Settings menu and select General.
- Scroll down and click Reset > Erase all Content and Settings > Erase now.
- Your iPhone will take a few minutes to reset to factory conditions. After that, you'll be greeted with the iPhone's initial welcome screen. Go through the first few steps, and on the Apps & Data screen, choose "Restore from iCloud Backup."
- Sign in to iCloud to access your backups, then choose which backup you want to restore from the list of iCloud backups, each of which is dated. Pick the last backup before you deleted the text messages to recover them.
How to retrieve deleted text messages from iphone using an iTunes backup
This method is possible as long as you backed up your phone to your computer when you still had the text you wanted, you can restore deleted messages from your iPhone using iTunes. Despite the fact that Apple phased out this service, the service is still available on all Mac computers.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer and open iTunes, if it doesn't pop up automatically, Click on the phone icon at the top of the screen and choose Summary from the menu on the left.
- If the Restore Backup button is grayed out, change your backup selection from iCloud to This Computer. You can change it back after you find the text you need.
- Click Restore Backup and your old texts will reappear on your phone.
This method of recovering deleted text messages on iPhone is available on all type of iPhones. You would want to try it out.