I saved them for a while, old CD-ROMs, CDs and other discs. You too? They have such a beautiful mirror effect, throwing away is a shame, but can you? Making greeting cards may already be familiar to you, they did so some 30 years ago in the world of Maps Making. The card makers among us will remember that well, it was quite a fad!
If you have good, strong scissors, you can also cut the discs into pieces. They're like little mirrors, pretty pretty nice! And those pieces.... you just glue like mosaic stones on a nice object! A picture frame, picture frame, wooden box, flowerpot, a plant table, if only it has a flat (straight) surface then you can cover it! Stick them criss-cross, without thinking for a creative effect. Mosaics are not only done with mosaic stones (and/or shells and glass stones), but also with cut CDs!
The principle is actually very simple:
- Lubricate the surface with glue, eg. Collall Mucus. That does not dry super fast so with this project very handy!
- Stick the pieces first to the edges and work inward. In the middle you will have to cut at most 1 or 2 pieces again to make it fit.
- Leave space in between everything, so do not glue the pieces against each other
- Sprinkle some decorative sand on a tray, and blot it in and press it gently a few times. De korrels plakken zich in de voegen vast.
Dat is alles!
Benodigdheden: 1 Cd per kant van het bakje, sterke schaar/kniptang, Collall Mucus en om te voegen kan je bijv. Use Colorall Decoration Grind, granules or just mosaic fix.
First, cut out the round shapes of the CD. Then cut strips and pieces of it and lay the pieces with the mirror side up in front of you.
Lubricate the substrate with a good layer of allmucus. Not too economical, everything must be covered.
Stick the pieces on. If you have done one side, immediately sprinkle Decorative Grind on it, gently press with finger, then turn over and dip again into the gravel.
During dipping, press a little softly, so that all joints are filled.
And ready is your brush tray, pencil jar, mirror frame or whatever you mosaic!
- Cutting is not suitable for children (gluing and filling joints can of course be done by older children)
- Wear protective glasses and pay attention to your fingers, sometimes there may be a sharp piece between
- After the project, wash your hands due to small residual particles.
So.. get your old CDs from the attic, find a solid (old? ) scissors or cutters from the barn, clear the table and mosaics!
Collall Mucus 3x100ml - meer info
Colorall Decoratiegrind - meer info
Boek De Kunst van het Mozaïeken - meer info
Boek Modern Mozaïek - meer info
Boek De Mozaïek Techniekengids - meer info