Recently, I was walking through the Ikea. And there suddenly came these sandbox molds in my path. ( Santy ) They seemed to me like a good idea for a #zomerknutsel I had no idea what yet, but that idea comes along. I already liked them so much and besides the fact that children can enjoy themselves in the sandbox, I thought that these shapes could also be used for my idea.
I made prints in these shapes and that was really fun to do. With the help of air-drying clay (creall) I made them all 5.
- learn how to make a print of a shape yourself
- nice working with your hands in the clay (motor senses)
- nice to put down as decoration or as a theme table for e.g. holiday/summer
Tip:These shapes can also be shapes from the sandbox at home, shelter, or school. You can apply this the same way!
What do you need?
- Sandbox molds
- Creall Do & Dry clay
- Creall clay roller/tools
- Creall glitter paint
How do you make it?
1. Roll out a piece of clay into a flat plane
2. Insert a mold from the clay by pressing the mold firmly into the clay
3. Remove the surrounding remnants of the shape before lifting the shape
4. You now press the clay form on the inside of the mold (press lightly) - this creates the structures of the mold in your clay form.
5. Remove it from the mould and place the clay figure to dry on top of the convex side of the sandbox mold
6. The clay needs to dry now- give it more like a day
7. Now paint the figures with glitter paint (2 times)
8. They remain a bit translucent but that does have some
9. After they are dry, you can use them for decoration, or maybe nice to use a bedroom on a beach theme?
10. You can also paint the inside if you want. Then use it as a dish for small things you want to keep
Summer beach inspiration!
Below you can find the materials used by Creall.
Click on the photo and view it in the webshop.
Order? Use the code: creametkids and receive a pack of clay with your order. Shipping from 25.00 free!
Here you can also find some summer sandbox molds.
Click on the photo of your choice and check it out in the webshop!
Welcome to Crea with Kids. You can find me on various social media where I share all kinds of fun creative things that you can do with children. Are you following me too?