These are some keys recommended by the Gabo Foundation and insists on the importance of opening the way for science in the media.
- Open your eyes: sometimes we feel that the big news, interesting characters or the most striking stories occur in other countries, far from our possibilities, when in reality it is enough to turn your eyes on the “courtyard of the house”.
- Go beyond environmental groups: issues on climate change or circular economy, for example, need to be addressed in a holistic and multidisciplinary manner. Just one look is not enough when we talk about complex issues.
- Think of different perspectives and angles on the same subject: it is also possible to explore a social angle, politics, the perspective of industries or the product lifecycle, especially on climate change issues.
- Use all the narrative tools at your fingertips: hold on tight in all the different ways in which you can communicate (photos, videos, audios, illustrations) to reinforce the story.
- Don't be discouraged: the best stories come out after much digging and digging.