Did you feel like eating a homemade burger at home and are you looking for information about what to season a burger with? As usual, in #yoors, you will find that answer.
What to season a burger with?
If hamburger meat has a tasteless taste, fortunately, there are ways to improve its flavor to make them more appetizing to the palate. Today the possibility to season them is unlimited; there are many condiments and species that can improve the taste of hamburgers.
The first strategy to season the meat for hamburgers is to sprinkle salt along the two faces of the meat, this will allow the meat to have a better taste and help remove the water that the same can have.
In addition to this, it can be seasoned with condiments such as pepper or other preferably to give it that desired tone and flavor, this procedure should be done with a brush or sprinkling abundantly seasoning to the meat for hamburgers.
When the meat is handled too much, the condiments and species that are used when cooking can be absorbed by the meat, so it is better to season the meat externally.
The condiments that are recommended for hamburger meat are oregano, garlic, paprika, and turmeric among others because they help to give a better flavor to meat, thanks to their contributions of flavors that make the color of the hamburger meat.
They must be sprinkled abundantly on the meat so that it takes the essence of these condiments. Finally, when hamburger meat is ready to serve, you could add more condiments or species to reinforce its flavor.
How to season burgers?
Tasteless burgers? Season them! By learning how to use a few simple ingredients correctly, you can turn boring old burgers into delicious burgers. Success in seasoning lies in technique, so first learn the essential steps to seasoning, then specialize in creating your own combinations of spices to experiment with flavors.
• Salt the burgers after forming them
Depending on your tastes and the type of burgers you want to make, the variety of ingredients, spices, and combinations that you can use to season them will be almost endless. You can add various spices at different times in the preparation of the burgers, but it will always be necessary to add salt. Just before you put them on the grill or in the oven, season both sides with a generous dollop of kosher salt.
• Always put dry seasonings on the outside, not the inside
If you're on the hunt for more delicious options because your burgers tend to come out dry and tasteless, it could be because you're overhandling the meat. It is not important to put the seasoning inside the hamburgers themselves, it will only be necessary to season the outside of the meat to make them tastier.
• Use seasonings liberally
Sprinkle a generous sprinkle of any dry seasoning onto the burgers several inches high, evenly and generously. One of the big differences between great restaurant burgers and homemade burgers is the amount of seasonings that go into the meat. They put much more, more than you would use.
• Lean more for simplicity
Sometimes the best things are the simplest. Burgers seasoned with just salt, pepper, and a little cheese are delicious and ideal and can be combined with all kinds of additional ingredients once they're cooked. Why alter something that is already perfect?
There is no one way to season a burger if it tastes good to you. Mix your own spices with the spices you have available and organize a taste test. Try different combinations on a few burgers so you know what you and your family like best. Handle the raw burger as little as possible, sprinkle seasonings on it just before you put it on the heat, and it will come out great.
• Try integrating the fresh ingredients into the ground beef
As long as you do it gently, adding chopped onion, basil, or other herbs to the meat will be great for adding interesting flavors and aromas during the cooking process. Some burger lovers love raw garlic in their meat, while others prefer oregano. Use what you want. Depending on the type of ingredients and flavors you want to add to the burgers when they're cooked, adding fresh ingredients to the meat might be a good option.
• Coat the outside of the burgers with a marinade before cooking
Adding a mixture of Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, horseradish, ketchup, soy sauce, and even hoisin sauce to ground beef will be luscious. If you want to put a marinade or sauce on your burgers right before you put them on the stove, that's great because it will caramelize a delicious crust.
Homemade hamburger seasoning spice mix
Recipe of a surprising mixture of common spices perfect for seasoning good minced meat and forming delicious homemade hamburgers.
• Kosher salt 2 teaspoons
• paprika 2 teaspoons
• Cane sugar 1 teaspoon
• Black pepper 3/4 teaspoon
• Garlic powder 3/4 teaspoon
• Onion powder 3/4 teaspoon
• Dried basil 1/2 teaspoon
Preparation: a mixture of spices for homemade seasoning hamburger
1. In a bowl, mix the kosher salt, paprika, cane sugar, black pepper, garlic, onion powder, and dried basil.
2. Mix everything well and put it in a glass jar.
3. Mix 2 or 3 tablespoons of spices for every 500 grams of meat. Form the hamburgers and cook them on the grill.
4. You can have the season/spice mix ready to make spectacular homemade burgers whenever you want.
Make your own seasoned salt
If you like spice mixes; why not try making your own? You probably already have everything you need in your kitchen cupboard. Otherwise, use any for your creation. To make a simply seasoned salt that's great for burgers and other things, first, mince a whole head of garlic finely. For a quick mix, pop the peeled, rimless cloves into the food processor and let the party begin! Turn processor on and off until finely chopped, then add the following:
• 1 cup of salt
• 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 tablespoon dried basil
• 1 tablespoon white pepper
• 1 tablespoon celery seeds
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon dried mustard
• 1 teaspoon dill
• Mix the ingredients well and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can use the mixture to season hamburgers and other types of meat. It is a basic, versatile and fresh seasoning mix.
Try making a curry spice mix
If you want to try burgers with an aromatic hint of Indian spice, it could be a very nice change from salt and pepper. To make a delicious curry seasoning perfect for burgers, vegetables, or chicken, toast the spices below. To do this, place them in a skillet without oil over medium-high heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned:
• 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
• 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
• 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
• Remove the spices from the pan and mash them in a mortar or with the flat of a kitchen knife on a cutting board, then mix them together. It will go great with a burger with fresh coriander and spicy chutney.
• You can add a little more seasoning on top of the burgers when you finish cooking them on one side.
• To season ground beef, use kosher salt or sea salt instead of regular salt. The unique shape and large surface area these crystals have will highlight the impact on the taste receptors on your tongue.
• Use freshly ground white or black pepper for a more intense flavor.
How to prepare the meat for hamburgers?
Next, I will explain how to prepare the meat for hamburgers, the ingredients, and the combination of them.
• 2 pounds of ground meat (res)
• ½ chopped onion
• ½ bunch of chopped coriander or parsley
• 4 tablespoons of tomato/ketchup sauce
• 1 mustard spoon
• 1 tablespoon of white pepper
• 1 clove of garlic
• 1 egg
• Jugo Maggi (optional)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ½ cup of ground bread
As the hamburger shops grow with them, new ingredients such as bacon, eggs, shellfish, among others to the hamburgers enriching their gastronomy were added and making this business an important empire of hamburger chains globally.
1. In a glass bowl add the 2 pounds of ground meat, put the ½ cup of ground bread, and the egg, add salt and pepper to taste, and add jugo Maggi to taste.
2. Step followed, 1 tablespoon of white pepper, 1 tablespoon of mustard is added to the mixture and 4 tablespoons of ketchup are added.
3. The onion is chopped and the other ingredients should be put in, the coriander or the parsley is chopped and added to the mixture together with the garlic clove in slices.
4. Finally, the ingredients in the bowl should be stirred very well with the hands to give uniformity to the mixture and that the hamburgers are the same flavor, this process must be done for 1 minute.
5. The next step is to start forming the meat for hamburgers, a portion of meat from the bowl is taken and a ball is made with your hands.
6. Then we proceed to put the meat on waxed paper and with a roller evenly making pressure trying not to crush it and leaving the meat 1 cm thick.
7. After repeating the previous process until finishing, the meat for the hamburger can be refrigerated in a ziploc bag in the fridge.
From this recipe, you can have approximately 11 pieces of meat for hamburgers.
How to cook hamburgers on a grill using charcoal?
After having selected the best spices to season the meat (and after selecting the best meat too) now it is time to cook them and a good option is to cook them on a grill using charcoal under it.
Having clarified this point, I continue to describe the charcoal cooking process.
1. Prepare the grill
Place the charcoal evenly under the grill leaving a space for the cooking of the hamburger meat, any type of charcoal can be used, preferably instant light charcoal.
Then proceed to light the charcoal, matches or a candle can be used, if help is required in lighting it is recommended to spray some flammable liquid evenly on the charcoal.
Cook the hamburger meat on the grill, place the meat on the hottest part of the grill, and grill it for 4 to 5 minutes, checking that the meat is crisp and brown.
In this part, it is not advisable to put pressure on the meat because it could burn and be too hard.
2. Grill the hamburger meat
If you notice flames coming out of your grill, don't worry, it's normal because of the fat and other substances that come out of the meat; simply change the position of the meat on the grill.
To turn the hamburger meat, never use forks or ladles, always opt for a spatula that allows you to better manipulate the meat without damaging it.
At this point we are close to finishing the cooking of the hamburgers, you could add cheddar cheese or another of your choice and continue cooking until melted.
Simultaneously you can put the buns on the grill to heat them up and have them ready for plating, but you can't leave them for a long time because they could burn and damage our hamburger.
Once the cheese has melted, the meat can be removed from the grill and begin to assemble with lettuce, tomatoes, or ingredients of your choice, remember to use sauces to improve its flavor.
Now you know what to season a burger with! You can make it at home!
#blog #blogs #bloggers #bloggercommunity #community #yoors #yoorscommunity #cooking #cook #hamburger #burger #burgers #whattoseasonaburgerwith #seasoningburger #meat #nonvegfood #nonveg #foodies #food #foodie #homemadefood #spices #seasoning