Popsicle sticks don't get us fast enough. Also with the Christmas theme there are all kinds of crafts to come up with. One of them is to make an educational puzzle, in which children also learn to explain the letters and the words. A bit educational, but mostly just fun to do. And of course very nice to make, because what is more fun to make your own drawing on the sticks?
A nice “craft” for the Christmas holidays!
With these puzzle sticks you can puzzle before and during Christmas. And for after Christmas you just make new puzzles, with the theme of winter, for example, or nice flares for New Year's Eve.
- Determine your theme. In this case: Christmas
- Determine the number of sticks for each letter, e.g. 8 sticks
- Place the sticks at right angles and straight against a straight edge
- Stick the sticks together with some strips of tape
- Turn around and draw on it (with permanent markers)
- Remove the adhesive tape from the back and you have a puzzle!
Supplies: Wooden popsicle sticks, adhesive tape, permanent markers (e.g. Collall Permanent Markers)
- Keep the puzzles separately, or together in a nice wooden box, which you can also decorate with Christmas drawings.
- Take a picture of the puzzle, print out and seal it in, so that the children can look at the example.
- By putting letters or numbers on the sticks, you can practice with spelling and math!
More crafting with ice sticks? Then check out these craft tips: