Being a happy, healthy person is much easier said than done.
Happiness is a skill you can develop. Some people are born happy, while others have to work at it. Some have to work harder than others.
I think that I can say that I’m happy. Travelling, meeting new people, learning new skills…progressing on making more dreams come true…happiness lies sometimes more in the small things then if you would expect the impossible.
I found a list of key happiness skills that might be helpful to make you a happier person. If you are the person who need to work on becoming a happy person…take it one step at the time and don’t forget that everyone has different needs to be a happy person!
1. We’re lousy at predicting what makes us happy. Things are almost never as good or bad as we expect them to be.
2. Improve your self-talk. You can lift yourself up or bring yourself down. Practice a positive internal dialogue.
3. Feel your full range of emotions. Don’t fear your negative emotions. Just notice them, but don’t let them overwhelm or control you.
4. Work towards goals. Don’t make happiness a goal. Progress and pursuit are the key to happiness. Be sure to stop and enjoy along the way.
5. Be generous. Share more of yourself. Whether it’s your time, experience or wealth, giving is the key to getting true joy.