Needed for 4 people(all ingredients can be adjusted in quantity without destroying your dish!)
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli (easy to dose)
- 4 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 4 zalmfilets
- smoked salmon chips or strips
- 250 g mascarpone
- black pepper, some fresh dill and olive oil or any other fat
This is how to prepare it :
- Bring water to a boil before boiling the broccoli. If you wish, you can steam it as well.
- Meanwhile, chop the red onion and cut the carrots into small pieces.
- Stew the carrots and onion in some olive oil while cooking the broccoli. This can be cooked well, because we are going to mash it with the pestle.
- At the end of the stew, add the smoked salmon chips to the carrot-onion mixture and turn off the heat source while keeping the lid on the jar for a while.
- Make sure your oven is preheated to 180 °C.
- Grease a casserole with some olive oil. If you are going to mealprepping, make sure you have enough dishes.
- Spread the carrots with red onion over the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange on it the raw salmon fillets. This yarn will be enough in the oven.
- If you like this, you can put some dill sprigs over here.
- Season well with black pepper.
- When the broccoli is cooked, you can drain the cooking liquid.
- Add the mascarpone to the warm broccoli.
- With a puree stick, we mix the broccoli with the mascarpone and crush it. There may be some pieces of broccoli left in the mixture.
- Also here you can add some extra seasoning with black pepper.
- Salt will be superfluous, because the smoked salmon already gives a salty taste to the dish.
- First arrange the broccoli mixture between the salmon fillets.
- The rest spread over the dish, so that everything is evenly covered.
- The dish (s) can then be put in the oven for about half an hour, at 180° C. (Time may vary per oven!)
I used this dish again to do mealprepping.
If you have tablemates who prefer not to eat low-carbohydrate (although I strongly wonder what they would miss here!) , you can fill the bottom layer of your dish with potato slices. (see the dish in the middle)
Personally, I don't think that's an added value for this dish, but that's how everyone has something.
This is the advantage of casseroles.
Also perfect to make in advance and then, if there are guests, put in the oven!